Here at Low Rate Automotive Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Chevrolet keyless entry remote controland all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Chevrolet car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of Chevrolet Astro Years and models this supports:
- 1996 Chevrolet Astro
- 1997 Chevrolet Astro
- 1998 Chevrolet Astro
- 1999 Chevrolet Astro
- 2000 Chevrolet Astro
- 2001 Chevrolet Astro
- 2002 Chevrolet Astro
- 2003 Chevrolet Astro
- 2004 Chevrolet Astro
- 2005 Chevrolet Astro
- 2006 Chevrolet Astro
1996-1999 Chevrolet Astro Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which
pins are 8 and 4.
(Notice port is wider on top row)
2 Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a
suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming
procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will
respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to
be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and
unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be
5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII port.
2000-2002 Chevrolet Astro Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
2003-2006 Chevrolet Astro Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
There is no manual on board procedure to program a keyless remote for Chevrolet Astro 2003 – 2006. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the remote. Please contact your dealer or local automotive locksmith.
The Chevrolet Astro was a rear-wheel drive mid-sized van introduced by Chevrolet in 1985 to rival domestic (American) competitors the Dodge Caravan/Plymouth Voyager twins and the Japanese Toyota Van. At that time, there was no need for keyless entry remote fob smart key programming instructions, as the keyless entry remote fob smart key option was not yet available. Until the late 1990s, the Chevrolet Astro was also a popular vehicle for towing recreational vehicles as its truck origins gave it a higher towing capacity than its minivan competitors. The rise of SUVs diminished this market from the otherwise, successful Astro. It was produced until 2005. Although the Chevrolet Astro is no longer being sold, we will still continue provide the keyless entry remote fob smart key programming instructions