Here at Low Rate Automotive Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Chevrolet keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Chevrolet car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of Chevrolet Venture Years and models this supports:
- 1997 Chevrolet Venture
- 1998 Chevrolet Venture
- 1999 Chevrolet Venture
- 2000 Chevrolet Venture
- 2001 Chevrolet Venture
- 2002 Chevrolet Venture
- 2003 Chevrolet Venture
- 2004 Chevrolet Venture
- 2005 Chevrolet Venture
1997 Chevrolet Venture Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Remove key from ignition switch.
2. Remove the MALL PGM fuse, from fuse box
3. Close all doors.
4. Turn ignition switch to ACC.
5. Within 1 second turn the ignition switch to OFF then back to ACC
6. Open and close drivers door.
7. A chime will sound indicating you are in programming mode.
8. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together until chime sounds twice,
about 14 seconds.
9. Repeat step 8 for any additional remotes.
10. Remove key from ignition and replace MALL PGM fuse.
11. Test remotes.
1998-2005 Chevrolet Venture Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you
will be useing on the vehicle. Once you program the remote. all previous remotes that were
programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you
program the them again.
1. Remove the key from the ignition.
2. Remove the “BCM PRGRM” fuse from the fuse panel. Use the legend on the fuse panel to
properly locate the “BCM PRGRM” fuse. Fuse panel is accessed by opening the front
3. Close all of the doors.
4. Close the liftgate.
5. Insert the key into the ignition, and turn to the ACC position.
6. Turn the key to OFF and then back to ACC within 1 second.
7. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters into
8. Press and hold the remote LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful
synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime
that will confirm successful programming.
9. Repeat step 8 now for each additional remotes to be programmed including any existing
10. Remove key from ignition.
11. Install the “BCM PRGRM” fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).
The Chevrolet Venture is a minivan produced by General Motors from the 1997 to 2005 model years. All models of the Chevrolet Venture were on-board programmable, meaning a person could program the keyless entry remote key fob with no special equipment other than the keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions. It replaced the Chevrolet Lumina APV. Identical minivans were also sold in Europe as the Opel Sintra, and in the UK, they were badged as a Vauxhall. During the 2005 model year, the Chevrolet Venture (along with the Astro) was replaced by the similar “new” 2005 Chevrolet Uplander. The Chevrolet Venture was built in Doraville, Georgia. Although the Chevrolet Venture is no longer being produced, we will still continue provide the keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions.