Honda Civic Key Fob Replacement Service
Low Rate Locksmith Can help you with all of your Honda Civic Key Fob needs
We are mobile and we are available 24/7
We have techs available across the United States
Call us Now
24 Hour Service
Fast Response Time
Here at Low Rate Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Honda, keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Honda car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Content Of this Page:
- Intor to fob and remote programming
- What you need to program the fob/Remote
- Step-By-Step instructions to program 1996-1998 Honda Civic key fob
- Step-By-Step instructions to program 1996-1998 Honda Civic key fob (Second method)
- Infografic instructions
- Where to Buy Honda civic remote
- List of locksmiths to help program
- Honda Civic Keys and remote replacement
- FAQ about Honda Key Fob Programming
This Article will address the following questions?
How to program 1996 Honda Civic key fob?
How to program 1997 Honda Civic key fob?
How to program 1998 Honda Civic key fob?
Introduction to Key Fobs and Remotes:
This invention relates generally to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system and, more particularly, to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system that includes a rolling code updating scheme that provides heightened security integrity against unwanted entry.
The Honda remote keyless entry system enables a vehicle operator to perform certain functions, such as lock or unlock a door or trunk of the vehicle, from a remote location are known in the art. Keyless entry systems of this type generally include a portable transmitter carried by the vehicle operator, usually included as part of a fob attached to a key chain for carrying keys of the vehicle. The transmitter will include a button that, upon activation, will cause the transmitter to broadcast a radio frequency signal as a series of coded data bits. If the vehicle is within the operating range of the transmitter, an antenna and receiver associated with the vehicle will receive the coded signal. If the receiver determines the coded signal to be valid, then the receiver will automatically cause the desired function to be performed as encoded on the signal.
Items you will need
- Honda Civic Car 🙂
- A working Key to the car
- ALL keyless remotes to be programmed for the vehicle (you have to program them all together)
- a non-programmed remote will work for this process
Step-By-Step instructions to program 1996-1998 Honda Civic key fob (Method 1):
- Unlock the doors
- Turn Key to on position. (This is the position where the key sits while you’re driving. The accessories should come on and the dashboard will light-up.)
- Push and hold **valet button on the stock radio. Door locks will cycle one time. (
**Valet button is skinny bar located between am/fm & cd/tape buttons on stock radio.
- Press any button on remote one time within 20 seconds. Door locks will cycle again.
- To program up to 4 additional remotes repeat step 3 for each additional remote.
- Turn key off programming is complete.
Step-By-Step instructions to program 1996-1998 Honda Civic key fob (Method 2):
- TURN Ignition to the ON (II) position. (ON is the position just shy of starting the vehicle without cranking the engine.)
- PRESS and HOLD the Valet/Disarm Button located between the AM/FM and CD/TAPE Buttons. The vehicle will respond by cycling the door locks, indicating the vehicle is now in Programming Mode. (Continue to hold the Valet/Disarm Button until instructed to release.)
- Within five (5) seconds, PRESS the LOCK or UNLOCK Button on the remote. The vehicle will respond by cycling the door locks, indicating successful programming of that remote.
- Within ten (10) seconds, REPEAT Step 3 to program any additional remotes.
- RELEASE the Valet/Disarm Button to EXIT Programming Mode.
- Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
- If these programming instructions helped you save time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.
Where Can I buy 1996-1998 Honda Civic Key Fob/ Remote for Cheap?
Low Rate Locksmith Sells these kind of key fobs. Find your Below.
Key Fob Programming FAQ:
Q: What does it cost to have a key fob programmed?
At the dealership, the cost of replacing an electronic fob can range from $50-$90, depending on the automaker or complexity of the design. All fobs need to be programmed. Some dealerships will do it for free, while others will charge a half hour to an hour of labor.
With Low Rate Locksmith you can program your key fob by yourself for free!
Q: How do you program a key fob?
You find the instructions here are Low Rate Locksmith Key Fob Programming Sections.
Q: Can you program a key fob at home?
You could reprogram a key fob to a different vehicle as long as the key is the same for the vehicle.
Q: I lost the key Fob and the key to my 1998 Honda Civic, what should I do?
Don’t panic. Low Rate Locksmith can help you replace your 1998 Honda Civic Key and remote.