2007-2018 Honda CR-V Key Fob Replacement Service
Low Rate Locksmith Can help you with all of your 2007-2018 Honda CR-V Key Fob needs
We are mobile and we are available 24/7
We have techs available across the United States
Call us Now
Here at Low Rate Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Honda, keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Honda car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Content Of this Page:
- Intor to fob and remote programming
- What you need to program the fob/Remote
- Step-By-Step instructions to program 2007-2018 Honda CR-V key fob
- Infografic instructions
- Where to Buy Honda CR-V remote
- List of locksmiths to help program
- Honda CR-V Keys and remote replacement
- FAQ about Honda Key Fob Programming
This Article will address the following questions?
How to program 2007 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2008 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2009 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2010 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2011 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2012 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2013 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2014 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2015 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2016 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2017 CR-V key fob?
How to program 2018 CR-V key fob
Introduction to Key Fobs and Remotes:
This invention relates generally to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system and, more particularly, to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system that includes a rolling code updating scheme that provides heightened security integrity against unwanted entry.
The Honda remote keyless entry system enables a vehicle operator to perform certain functions, such as lock or unlock a door or trunk of the vehicle, from a remote location are known in the art. Keyless entry systems of this type generally include a portable transmitter carried by the vehicle operator, usually included as part of a fob attached to a key chain for carrying keys of the vehicle. The transmitter will include a button that, upon activation, will cause the transmitter to broadcast a radio frequency signal as a series of coded data bits. If the vehicle is within the operating range of the transmitter, an antenna and receiver associated with the vehicle will receive the coded signal. If the receiver determines the coded signal to be valid, then the receiver will automatically cause the desired function to be performed as encoded on the signal.
Items you will need
- Honda CR-V Car
- A working Key to the car
- ALL keyless remotes to be programmed for the vehicle (you have to program them all together)
- a non-programmed remote will work for this process
These Instructions will work on:
Step-By-Step instructions to program 2007-2012 Honda CR-V key fob:
A maximum of 4 key remote transmitters can be programmed.
Program remote or key when remote transmitter added, replaced or system malfunction.
There is no onboard programming procedure for 07-13 Honda CR-V. These vehicles requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote. Please contact your dealer or automotive locksmith.
Step-By-Step instructions to program 1996-1998 Honda CR-V key fob (Method 2):
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
Keyless Entry System Memory Clearing Instructions are noted in the dark blue colored steps below.
Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:
- ENTER the vehicle and CLOSE all doors. (Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another. If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.)
- INSERT the key into the Ignition, HOLD one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
- PERFORM each of the next three (3) steps in order, then repeat all three (3) steps two (2) more times for a total of three (3) times each.
- TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
- PRESS the LOCK button on the remote for approximately 1 second. (Say “Mississippi”)
- TURN the Ignition to the OFF position, marked “I” on the Ignition. (REPEAT Steps 4-6 three (3) times)
- TURN the Ignition switch to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
- PRESS the LOCK button on the same remote. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED Programming Mode.
- PRESS the LOCK button again on the same remote. The door locks should cycle again indicating the vehicle has successfully PROGRAMMED that remote.
- For programming additional remotes to your vehicle, REPEAT Step 9 with each additional remote one after another. Step 9 must be completed within ten (10) seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three (3) remotes to your vehicle.
- TURN the ignition to OFF.
- Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
- After successful programming, if your remote has a TRUNK RELEASE Button — you will need to hold that button down for 5-10 seconds for that function to begin operation.
- If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.
Key Fob Programming FAQ:
Q: What does it cost to have a key fob programmed?
At the dealership, the cost of replacing an electronic fob can range from $50-$90, depending on the automaker or complexity of the design. All fobs need to be programmed. Some dealerships will do it for free, while others will charge a half hour to an hour of labor.
With Low Rate Locksmith you can program your key fob by yourself for free!
Q: How do you program a key fob?
You find the instructions here are Low Rate Locksmith Key Fob Programming Sections.
Q: Can you program a key fob at home?
You could reprogram a key fob to a different vehicle as long as the key is the same for the vehicle.
Q: I lost the key Fob and the key to my 2005 Honda CR-V, what should I do?
Don’t panic. Low Rate Locksmith can help you replace your 2013 Honda CR-V Key and remote.