Here at Low Rate Automotive Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Chevrolet keyless entry remote controland all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Chevrolet car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of Chevrolet Impala Years and models this supports:
- 1995 Chevrolet Impala
- 1996 Chevrolet Impala
- 1997 Chevrolet Impala
- 1998 Chevrolet Impala
- 1999 Chevrolet Impala
- 2000 Chevrolet Impala
- 2001 Chevrolet Impala
- 2002 Chevrolet Impala
- 2003 Chevrolet Impala
- 2004 Chevrolet Impala
- 2005 Chevrolet Impala
- 2006 Chevrolet Impala
- 2007 Chevrolet Impala
- 2008 Chevrolet Impala
- 2009 Chevrolet Impala
- 2010 Chevrolet Impala
- 2011 Chevrolet Impala
1995-1996 Chevrolet Impala Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Access the programming connector located in the LH trunk. Trim may
have to be pulled back to access programming connector. ( Connector
has black/white wires leading up to it and it is not connected to anything.)
2. Jump programming connector terminals.
3. System should now lock and unlock doors and trunk lid to indicate
programming mode has been entered. Trunk lid must have activated
4. Press any button on keyless remote once.
System should now lock and unlock doors and trunk lid, indicating
successful programming of keyless remote. Trunk lid must have
activated before proceeding.
5. Repeat step 4 for additional remote or other existing keyless remote.
NOTE: A maximum of only two Keyless Remotes can be programmed.
6. Remove programming connector jumper wire to exit programming mode.
7. Test remote(s).
2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and the radio to off. Do not crank the engine.
2. Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until settings is displayed.
3. Press the SEEK up or down arrows until FOB PROG appears on the display.
4. Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. The current selection will have an
asterisk next to it. BEGIN will be displayed.
5. Press the DISP button to start programming. When the message PUSH FOB flashes, press and
hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for 15 seconds. A
chime will be heard to verify the transmitter is learned.
6. Repeat Step 5 for each additional transmitter up to four remotes total. You do not need to press
the DISP button again, just press down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the next transmitter
to be learned to a maximum of four transmitters per vehicle.
The mode you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructions later in this section or program the next feature available on your vehicle.
EXIT (Exit Feature Customization Mode): This feature allows you to exit the vehicle customization programming.
1. Scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
2. Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will he heard to verify the exit.
2006-2010 Chevrolet Impala Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
Use this Procedure for Vehicles with
Driver Information Center Buttons
This information is in your Owners Manual in the
Drivers Information Center Section.
1. Insert Key and turn to ON position so you can access Driver Information Center
2. Press the vehicle information button until
PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays
3. Press the set/reset button until
REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE displays
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless remote at the same
time for approximatley 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is
5. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 4.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.
6. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
Use this Procedure for Vehicles without
Drivers Information Center Buttons
To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far
as you can go without cranking engine)
1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds.
The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display
3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same
time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is
4. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.
5. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
2011 Chevrolet Impala Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
There is no manual on board procedure to program a keyless remote for Chevrolet Impala 2011. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the remote. Please contact your dealer or local automotive locksmith.
The Chevrolet Impala is an upper mid-size—previously full-size—automobile built by the Chevrolet division of General Motors introduced for the 1958 model year. At that time, there was no need for keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions, as the keyless entry remote key fob option was not yet available. Deriving its name from the South African antelope, Chevrolet’s most expensive passenger model through 1965 had become the best-selling automobile in the United States. The Chevrolet Impala continued as Chevrolet’s most popular full-size model through the mid-1980s.
Between 1994 and 1996, Impala was revived as a muscular 5.7-liter V8–powered version of the Caprice Classic sedan. In 2000, the Chevrolet Impala was re-introduced again as a mainstream front-wheel drive full-size sedan.