Destiny Community Center – 6850 Five Star Blvd, Rocklin CA 95677
Great place for kids to play and parents to visit or relax. Stayed a couple of hours. No problems at all. Love how we can keep our kids in view while they play on our own.
We love to come here to play and enjoy the cafe!!! The DPA classes are a huge blessing to many!!! Love this place!!
I really like Destiny Church & how involved they are in our local communities however this review is specifically for the community center. It really needs attention. First off the young lady who is “sock patrol” needs to learn some basic communication skills and manners. She is absolutely rude and disrespectful. It’s a bad look Destiny for a Christian Church. Also if you open at 8am she should be there at 8am. She wasn’t there this morning and yes we forgot socks (we are moving and yes I packed them)! The sock bin was not out because she wasn’t there yet.
The slide is fast, Thankfully my child was never injured going down it but I know of one who was and had to get stitches. It’s a very small area and under age 2 might as well just not come because there is nothing for them to do except watch tv. Why do they need 2 huge tvs in there? Overall I’m underwhelmed and will not be back especially due to the aforementioned employee. I will go to Bayside Blue Oaks moving forward & p.s the food at bayside blue oaks is better IMO! And the staff!
We went here with our 3 and 5 year olds today.
1. Small play area, but still lots of room to play. Easy to keep an eye on the kids.
2. Bathrooms are right there, just outside of the play area.
3. Friendly help desk ladies.
5. Hand pedal trains were a huge hit, and they left my kiddos exhausted.
6. We forgot socks, they brought us some to borrow, they were clean and fresh.
7. Not crowded at all.
1. Small play area, no where to really run around.
2. TVs were ALL over the place. The play area had 5. Yes, 5, in a maybe 30×30′ room. We requested they be turned off, as we were the only people there and were told no. When another family came the volume got turned up and it was uncomfortably loud, as well as fighting with the kids to keep them playing rather than watching tv. They really need to remove the TVs, there is absolutely no reason to have TVs in a play area.
4. The slide is really fast, which means that kids come hurtling out the end and fall. We pulled over some of the bean bag chairs and let the kids slide into them.
Overall it was a good experience and we will go back. Although I really wish they’d reconsider their ‘policy’ of not turning the TVs off. It’s ridiculous that when we were the only people there they still insisted they stay on. We went to let the kids play, not watch Disney Jr.
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Destiny Community Center – 6850 Five Star Blvd, Rocklin CA 95677