Here at Low Rate Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Honda, keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Honda car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of Honda Accord Years and models this supports:
- 1997 Honda Accord
- 1998 Honda Accord
- 1999 Honda Accord
- 2000 Honda Accord
- 2001 Honda Accord
- 2002 Honda Accord
- 2003 Honda Accord
- 2004 Honda Accord
- 2005 Honda Accord
- 2006 Honda Accord
- 2007 Honda Accord
- 2008 Honda Accord
- 2009 Honda Accord
- 2010 Honda Accord
- 2011 Honda Accord
- 2012 Honda Accord
1997-2007 Honda Accord Key Fob Programming Instructions:
Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none
of the previously programmed remotes will work. You must reprogram all of the
keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode.
You must complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step to keep the
system from exiting the programming mode.
1. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
2. Press the LOCK or UNOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed
remote can be used for this step.)
3. Turn ignition switch to LOCK (0)
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times using the same keyless remote used
in step 2
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button the same remote. Make sure the power door
locks cycle to confirm you are in programming mode.
7. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each remote you want to program. Make
sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has
accepted the remote.
8. Turn the igniton switch to LOCK (0) to exit programming mode.
9. Test remote(s)
2008-2011 Honda Accord Key Fob Programming Instruction:
This procedure only programs the remote portion of the key
and NOT the key itself
Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand.
Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/trunk are closed
Only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all
remotes must be programmed during the same session.
Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/trunk tightly closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by “II” on the ignition bezel
so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the
“Lock” button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by “I” on the ignition
bezel – dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) each step
must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to “ON”, press the lock button on
one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will
NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The
system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5
seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote
you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step
needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote
button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car
and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should
work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature
needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will
2008-2012 Honda Accord Remote and Immobilizer Programming
A maximum of 6 key remote transmitters can be programmed.
Program remote or key when remote transmitter added, replaced or system malfunction.
There is no on board programming procedure for Honda Accord 2008-2012. These vehicles requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote. Please contact your dealer or automotive locksmith.
Immobilizer Programming and Operation
- System arms after switching ignition OFF
- Switch ignition ON
- Immobilizer warning lamp illuminates for a few seconds
- If immobilizer warning lamp illuminates for a few seconds then flashes rapidly. The key code is not recognized. Remove key and try again
- Immobilizer can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment
The Honda Accord is a series of automobiles manufactured by Honda since 1976, best known for its four-door sedan variant, which has been one of the best-selling cars in the United States since 1989. The Accord nameplate has been applied to a variety of vehicles worldwide, including coupes, wagons, hatchbacks and a crossover.
In 1982, the Accord became the first car from a Japanese manufacturer to be produced in the United States when production commenced in Marysville, Ohio at Honda’s Marysville Auto Plant. The Accord has achieved considerable success, especially in the United States, where it was the best-selling Japanese car for fifteen years (1982–97), topping its class in sales in 1991 and 2001, with around ten million vehicles sold.
Numerous road tests, past and present, rate the Accord as one of the world’s most reliable vehicles. The Accord has been on the Car and Driver 10Best list a record 28 times. It was also awarded the 2014 Green Car of the Year.