Here at Low Rate Automotive Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your GMC keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your GMC car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of GMC Sonoma Years and models this supports:
- 1994 GMC Sonoma
- 1995 GMC Sonoma
- 1996 GMC Sonoma
- 1997 GMC Sonoma
- 1998 GMC Sonoma
- 1999 GMC Sonoma
- 2000 GMC Sonoma
- 2001 GMC Sonoma
- 2002 GMC Sonoma
- 2003 GMC Sonoma
- 2004 GMC Sonoma
1994 GMC Sonoma Car Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Locate the Data Link Connector (DLC) underneath the driver’s side dashboard.
Use the figure as a map for your DL ( They are not lettered on your vehicle.)
The view is looking straight into the cavities of the DLC.
2. Connect cavity G with a ground using a fused jumper wire.
Your vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the door locks within 2 seconds.
3. Press any button on first remote to be programmed.
Locks will lock and unlock verifying remote was programmed.
4. Press any button on second remote to be programmed if applicable.
Locks will lock and unlock to verify remote was programmed.
5. Remove jumper wire and test remote(s)
1995-1997 GMC Sonoma Car Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Locate the red two wired programming connector located near the central
locking control module. behind LH Lower instrument panel
2. Jump Programming connector terminals.
3. System should now lock and unlock doors to indicate vehicle has entered
4. Press any button on keyless remote once. System should now lock and unlock
doors indicating the keyless remote has been programmed.
5. Repeat step 4 to program other remote.
6. Remove jumper wire from programming connector to exit programming mode.
7. Test Remote(s)
1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Car Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
If you have any questions or need a professional Locksmith To assist you with your GMC Sonoma Key Fab Programming, below is a list of Low Rate Locksmith GMC Locations.
When it was first introduced in 1982, the GMC version of the Chevy S-10 was known as the S-15 and later renamed the GMC Sonoma in 1991.
The Sonoma GT was a performance package available on the 2WD regular cab short bed Sonoma. It was available for the 1992 model year only as an entry-level version of the GMC Syclone.
In North America, the S-series was replaced by the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, and Isuzu i-Series in 2004.