Here at Low Rate Automotive Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your GMC keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your GMC car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of GMC Yukon Years and models this supports:
- 1995 GMC Yukon
- 1996 GMC Yukon
- 1997 GMC Yukon
- 1998 GMC Yukon
- 1999 GMC Yukon
- 2000 GMC Yukon
- 2001 GMC Yukon
- 2002 GMC Yukon
- 2003 GMC Yukon
- 2004 GMC Yukon
- 2005 GMC Yukon
- 2006 GMC Yukon
- 2007 GMC Yukon
- 2008 GMC Yukon
- 2009 GMC Yukon
- 2010 GMC Yukon
- 2011 GMC Yukon
1995-1996 GMC Yukon Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Locate the Data Link Connector (DLC) underneath the driver’s side dashboard.
Use the figure as a map for your DL ( They are not lettered on your vehicle.)
The view is looking straight into the cavities of the DLC.
2. Connect cavity G with a ground using a fused jumper wire.
Your vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the door locks within 2 seconds.
3. Press any button on first remote to be programmed.
Locks will lock and unlock verifying remote was programmed.
4. Press any button on second remote to be programmed if applicable.
Locks will lock and unlock to verify remote was programmed.
5. Remove jumper wire and test remote(s)
1997-1999 GMC Yukon Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Notice port is wider on top row)
2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable
jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make
sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the
doors to signify entering of programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be
programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors.
Release the buttons on the transmitter.
4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be programmed.
5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDIIPort.
2000-2006 GMC Yukon Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
2007-2010 GMC Yukon Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
Use this Procedure for Vehicles with
Driver Information Center Buttons
This information is in your Owners Manual in the
Drivers Information Center Section.
1. Insert Key and turn to ON position so you can access Driver Information Center
2. Press the vehicle information button until
PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays
3. Press the set/reset button until
REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE displays
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless remote at the same
time for approximatley 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is
5. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 4.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.
6. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
Use this Procedure for Vehicles without
Drivers Information Center Buttons
To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far
as you can go without cranking engine)
1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds.
The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display
3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless remote at the same
time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is
4. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.
5. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
2011 GMC Yukon Car Key Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
There is no manual on board procedure to program a keyless remote for GMC Yukon 2011. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the remote. Please contact your dealer or local automotive locksmith.
]If you have any questions or need a professional Locksmith To assist you with your GMC Yukon Key Fab Programming, below is a list of Low Rate Locksmith Locations.
For more about GMC Yukon car key replacement Click Here
GMC rebadged the full-size Jimmy as the Yukon in 1992. The GMC Yukon is a full-sized SUV very similar to the Chevrolet Tahoe, both from General Motors.
The new GMC Yukon was introduced for 1992, while Chevrolet continued calling their version the Blazer. All were 2-door models through 1994.
General Motors redesigned the Tahoe and Yukon on the new GMT900 platform in late 2005 as a 2007 model. A hybrid version of the Yukon, which uses the shared GM/Chrysler Advanced Hybrid System 2, followed with the 2008 models. The GMT900 based Tahoe and Yukon exceeded initial sales expectations and continue to sell well despite a weakening market for large SUVs.
For 2012 the GMC Yukon underwent minor changes: the SLE and SLT grades were discontinued, in favor of appearance packages.