Here at Low Rate Automotive Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Infiniti keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Infiniti car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of Infiniti I30 Years and models this supports:
- 1996 Infiniti I30
- 1997 Infiniti I30
- 1998 Infiniti I30
- 1999 Infiniti I30
- 2000 Infiniti I30
- 2001 Infiniti I30
1996-2001 Infiniti I30 Car Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard
Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder
each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push LOCK button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press
the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming
procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side
power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push LOCK button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should
flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
Infiniti launched the Cefiro in North America as the “Infiniti I30” in 1995 for the 1996 model year. All I30 models were built at Oppama, Japan (the former home of the Maxima), commencing June 27, 1995. It replaced the Infiniti J30. The rear badge of the I30 used a cursive letter “I” instead of a matching font used for the “30” designation, as the “I” would have appeared as a number “1”, labeling the car confusingly as the 130, in conflict with Infiniti’s alphanumeric naming convention.
As Infiniti’s top seller at the time, the I30 remained the brand’s mid-level model, joining the entry-level Primera-based Infiniti G20 until the introduction of the Skyline-based Infiniti G35 to North America for the 2003 model year.
While the styling of the Infiniti versions was essentially identical to the Nissan Cefiro sold in other markets, the same car with revised front- and rear-styling was also sold in North America as the Nissan Maxima as cheaper, lower-specification model.