Here at Low Rate Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Honda, keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Honda car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Introduction to Key Fobs and Remotes:
This invention relates generally to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system and, more particularly, to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system that includes a rolling code updating scheme that provides heightened security integrity against unwanted entry.
The Honda remote keyless entry system enables a vehicle operator to perform certain functions, such as lock or unlock a door or trunk of the vehicle, from a remote location are known in the art. Keyless entry systems of this type generally include a portable transmitter carried by the vehicle operator, usually included as part of a fob attached to a key chain for carrying keys of the vehicle. The transmitter will include a button that, upon activation, will cause the transmitter to broadcast a radio frequency signal as a series of coded data bits. If the vehicle is within the operating range of the transmitter, an antenna and receiver associated with the vehicle will receive the coded signal. If the receiver determines the coded signal to be valid, then the receiver will automatically cause the desired function to be performed as encoded on the signal.
Step-By-Step instructions to program 2012-2016 Honda Odyssey key fob (Method 1):
Only program key when added or replaced or on system malfunction
- Obtain all key transmitters. NOTE: A maximum of 6 key transmitters can be programmed
- Switch ignition ON. NOTE: Point key transmitter at door function control module (located in driver’s door)
- Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first key transmitter. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition ON
- Repeat procedure above twice
- Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first key transmitter
- System should now lock and unlock vehicle to indicate programming mode activated
- Within 10 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first key transmitter, allowing doors to lock and unlock once. Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of each remaining key transmitter to be programmed, allowing doors to lock and unlock once as each key transmitter is programmed
- Switch ignition OFF. Remove key and check operation of all programmed key transmitters
Step-By-Step instructions to program 2012-2016 Honda Odyssey key fob (Method 2):
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:
- ENTER the vehicle and CLOSE all doors. (Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another. If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.)
- INSERT the key into the Ignition, HOLD one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
- PERFORM each of the next three (3) steps in order, then repeat all three (3) steps two (2) more times for a total of three (3) times each.
- TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
- PRESS the LOCK button on the remote for approximately 1 second. (Say “Mississippi”)
- TURN the Ignition to the OFF position, marked “I” on the Ignition. (REPEAT Steps 4-6 three (3) times)
- TURN the Ignition switch to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
- PRESS the LOCK button on the same remote. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED Programming Mode.
- PRESS the LOCK button again on the same remote. The door locks should cycle again indicating the vehicle has successfully PROGRAMMED that remote.
- For programming additional remotes to your vehicle, REPEAT Step 9 with each additional remote one after another. Step 9 must be completed within ten (10) seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three (3) remotes to your vehicle.
- TURN the ignition to OFF.
- Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
- After successful programming, if your remote has a TRUNK RELEASE Button — you will need to hold that button down for 5-10 seconds for that function to begin operation.
- If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.