Here at Low Rate Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Honda, keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Honda car or truck, detailing how to program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Introduction to Key Fobs and Remotes:
This invention relates generally to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system and, more particularly, to an encryption process for a remote keyless entry system that includes a rolling code updating scheme that provides heightened security integrity against unwanted entry.
The Honda remote keyless entry system enables a vehicle operator to perform certain functions, such as lock or unlock a door or trunk of the vehicle, from a remote location are known in the art. Keyless entry systems of this type generally include a portable transmitter carried by the vehicle operator, usually included as part of a fob attached to a key chain for carrying keys of the vehicle. The transmitter will include a button that, upon activation, will cause the transmitter to broadcast a radio frequency signal as a series of coded data bits. If the vehicle is within the operating range of the transmitter, an antenna and receiver associated with the vehicle will receive the coded signal. If the receiver determines the coded signal to be valid, then the receiver will automatically cause the desired function to be performed as encoded on the signal.
Step-By-Step instructions to program 1997-2007 Honda Accord key fob (Method 1):
Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none
of the previously programmed remotes will work. You must reprogram all of the
keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode.
You must complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step to keep the
system from exiting the programming mode.
1. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
2. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed
remote can be used for this step.)
3. Turn ignition switch to LOCK (0)
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times using the same keyless remote used
in step 2
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button the same remote. Make sure the power door
locks cycle to confirm you are in programming mode.
7. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each remote you want to program. Make
sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has
accepted the remote.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit programming mode.
9. Test remote(s)
Step-By-Step instructions to program 1997-2007 Honda Civic key fob (Method 2):
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
- ENTER the vehicle and CLOSE all doors. (Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another. If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.)
- INSERT the key into the Ignition, HOLD one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
- PERFORM each of the next three (3) steps in order, then repeat all three (3) steps two (2) more times for a total of three (3) times each.
- TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
- PRESS the LOCK button on the remote for approximately 1 second. (Say “Mississippi”)
- TURN the Ignition to the OFF position, marked “I” on the Ignition. (REPEAT Steps 4-6 three (3) times)
- TURN the Ignition switch to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
- PRESS the LOCK button on the same remote. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED Programming Mode.
- PRESS the LOCK button again on the same remote. The door locks should cycle again indicating the vehicle has successfully PROGRAMMED that remote.
- For programming additional remotes to your vehicle, REPEAT Step 9 with each additional remote one after another. Step 9 must be completed within ten (10) seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three (3) remotes to your vehicle.
- TURN the ignition to OFF.
- Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
- After successful programming, if your remote has a TRUNK RELEASE Button — you will need to hold that button down for 5-10 seconds for that function to begin operation.
- If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.
Where Can I buy 1999-2005 Honda Civic Key Fob/ Remote for Cheap?
Low Rate Locksmith Sells these kind of key fobs. Find your Below.