Here at Low Rate Automotive Locksmith we are your source for free instructions on how to program your Nissan keyless entry remote control and all other kinds of vehicles, both foreign and domestic. Whether you drive a car, a truck, or an SUV we have the information you need to program your remote. Low Rate Locksmith offers detailed step-by-step directions from the manufacturer of your Nissan car or truck, detailing how to Nissan program the key fob remote control, or programmable key for your vehicle. If you have lost a key, replaced a defective key-less entry remote, or added a new key, we have the instructions that you need to make the remote control work for your car, truck, van, or sport utility vehicle. Please select your Year from the menu below.
Here is the list of Nissan Pathfinder Years and models this supports:
- 1993 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1994 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1995 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1996 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1997 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1998 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1999 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2000 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2002 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2003 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2004 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2006 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2007 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2008 Nissan Pathfinder
1993-1995 Nissan Pathfinder Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
The Nissan system can learn up to four different remotes. If a fifth remote is entered the
first remote is “bumped out” as only the last four to be entered are remembered. Any
time the system is programmed all remotes to be used should be re-programmed to avoid
1. Locate the electronic module. (Located under drivers seat on the right side.)
2. Under the center of the Nissan label on the top of the module there is a 7/8″ hole. Rub
your finger over the label to locate the hole. Punch through the label with your finger or
a dull object such as a pencil eraser. Inside the hole is a square yellow button. This is
the programming button.
3. Cycle the ignition key to ON then back to OFF. Press and hold the programming button.
The siren will emit four single introduction tones followed by a five tone burst. Release
the programming button. The siren will now emit single prompting tones at one second
intervals. Each prompting tone is an opportunity to program a remote. After any
prompting tone press the large (arm/disarm) button of a remote. The siren will
immediately emit a confirmation tone. Wait for another prompting tone and press the
large button of another remote. Repeat until all transmitters to be used with the vehicle
have been learned.
4. Turn the ignition key ON the OFF to exit programming mode.
5. Test remotes and cover hole on top of electronic module with tape.
1996-2008 Nissan Pathfinder Fob and Remote Programming Instructions:
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard
Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder
each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press
the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming
procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side
power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should
flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.