Kia Car Key Replacement Mobile Services
From lost keys to car lockouts, our team of professionals are always on call for any problem you may be experiencing with your Kia. We have cutting-edge technology and know exactly how it feels when something goes wrong while driving around town or commuting back home after work – which is why we’re here 24/7 at Low Rate Locksmith!
Kia Locksmith 24-Hour Services
Kia Car Key Duplication Spare Key Services
What is the process for duplicating a Kia car key?
Answer: The process for duplicating a Kia car key usually involves taking the original key to a locksmith or hardware store and having them create a copy. However, some newer Kia models have a proximity key that requires special programming equipment in order to duplicate. In either case, it’s best to consult with the dealership or your locksmith to find out the specifics for your particular model.
How much does it cost to duplicate a Kia car key?
Answer: It costs about $3.50 to duplicate a Kia car key at a hardware store.
To duplicate a Kia car key, you will need the following items:
1 key blank,
1 key cutter, and 1 vise. The key blank can be purchased at most hardware stores for around $3.50. The key cutter can also be purchased at most hardware stores for around $10. The vise can be borrowed from a friend or family member, or you can purchase one online or at a hardware store for around $30.
Once you have all of the necessary items, follow these steps to duplicate your Kia car key:
1) Insert the key blank into the vise and clamp it in
How long does it take to duplicate a Kia car key?
Answer: It takes about four minutes.
The first step is to take the key apart. There are three main parts: the metal blade, the plastic head, and the electronic chip. The chip is the most important part, so you’ll want to be careful not to damage it.
The next step is to duplicate the chip. You can do this with a special duplicating machine, or you can do it yourself with a few simple tools. If you’re going to do it yourself, you’ll need a small container of acid, some wire, and some aluminum foil.
The last step is to put everything back together and test it out!
Are there any risks associated with duplicating a Kia car key?
Answer: There may be some risks associated with duplicating a Kia car key, but it largely depends on the specific type of key that is being duplicated. If you have a traditional metal key, then there is a risk of someone creating a copy of your key and potentially gaining access to your vehicle. However, if you have a plastic key fob, then the risk of someone being able to duplicate your key is much lower, as it is more difficult to replicate the plastic keys.
KEY PROGRAMMING SERVICES FOR All KIA MODELS
Anyone who has ever lost their car key, or had a car key break off in the lock, knows that it can be a real hassle. Not to worry though, Low Rate Kia Locksmith provides a car key programming service for All KIA Models to help get you back on the road as soon as possible. In this post, we will outline the steps you need to take to have your car key programmed by Kia. Keep reading for more information.
How do I know if my Kia needs key programming?
Answer: If your Kia needs key programming, you can bring the car to a dealership and they will be able to program the key for you. The car will need to be brought in so that they can access the computer and program the new key.
If you have lost your key, or it has been damaged, then you will need to have a new one programmed. You cannot simply replace the old key with a new one – the car’s computer needs to be accessed and the new key programmed in order for it to work.
What are the benefits of key programming?
There are a few key benefits to getting your car key programming done by a professional. First, they will be able to help you get the most out of your keys. They can reprogram them so that you have more control over your car’s functions, and this can make driving safer and more convenient for you.
Second, car key programming professionals will be able to help you if your keys are lost or stolen. They can create new keys for you and program them so that they work with your car. This is much cheaper and easier than having to buy a whole new car!
Finally, having your car key programmed by a professional can increase the longevity of your keys. By having them reprogrammed
What is the cost of key programming for a Kia?
Answer: It depends on the make and model of Kia, as well as the programming required. For a standard key programming for a Kia, most garages will charge around $50-$100. If you need a transponder key programmed, that will cost more like $150-$200. Remote key fob programming can also be expensive, usually running around $75-$150.
How often does my Kia need key programming?
Answer: Kia programming usually needs to be done every time a new key fob is introduced to the vehicle. If you lose your key fob, have it stolen, or replace it with a used one, the programming will need to be done again.
Kia Key Replacement Cost
The prices vary according to a few factors.
- Type of key
- The time of day & your location
- Availability of the code to cut your new key
- Original ignition or not
- Where you get a replacement key
Cost of non-transponder Kia key replacement:
- ONLINE: Key only $7
- DEALER: About $50
- LOCKSMITH: On-site service $140
Cost of transponder key Kia replacement:
- ONLINE: Key only $20
- DEALER: About $150 (not including towing)
- LOCKSMITH: On-site service $220
Cost Of Push-To-Start Kia key replacement:
ONLINE: Key only $30-$150
DEALER: About $250-$400 (not including towing)
LOCKSMITH: $300-$450 On-site service
How much does locksmith charge for new Kia key replacement?
- Non-transponder Key $125-$150
- Transponder Key $200-$250
- Remote key fob $300-$450
Kia key replacement Locksmith Vs. Kia Dealership
What options do you have to get a replacement key?
Lost your Kia keys, who to call to help replacing my lost Kia key?
If you lost your Kia key and looking for replacement you can call:
- Low Rate Kia Automotive Locksmith, On-site service.
- Order a key blank online and have someone cut and code it for you.
- Contact your local dealership
Usually car the dealer can replace your Kia key. However, it’s the not ideal to do so!
Going with an automotive locksmith can save you hundreds of dollars for the same quality Kia key replacement.
Why chose a locksmith to replace my Kia Key?
Replacing your Kia car key has Pros & Cons to consider:
PROS of using a locksmith to make Kia key:
- 1) Fastest option – Most locksmiths carry all the necessary tools to cut and code Kia keys. They can come and solve your problem, usually within an hour or so.
- 2) On-site service – Locksmiths offer a mobile service which means that regardless of your location, they can come to you and save you the trouble of towing the car. They do, however, charge you for that.
- 3) Price- Overall, especially for Kia models that have key fobs or transponder Keys made 2010 and after, this is the cheapest option.
CONS of using a locksmith to make Kia key:
- 1) Availability of keys – Because locksmiths have to carry many types of keys for different makes and models, they may not have the specific key you need.
- 2) Coding the key – Not all locksmiths carry the necessary tools to program all car keys. Verify that they can do the coding before scheduling any service.
BEFORE YOU CALL A LOCKSMITH, HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER:
- 1) Provide them with your VIN number. This way, they will know the type of key you have and therefore, they can give you a better quote. Don’t have the VIN? Mention the year make and model, e.g. 2019 Kia Ram
- 2) Ask about their location and provide them with yours. Many locksmiths offer mobile service, so chances are they will be travelling around. To avoid a long waiting period, ask for an ETA.
- 3) Shop around, don’t be lazy. True, many locksmiths can make you a replacement key, but prices vary. Don’t settle with only one quote. Call around for the best price!
- 4) Ask about forms of payment and make sure you will get an invoice. You may be able to get some money back from your insurance company.
- 5) Make sure you have the necessary documents to show ownership. Otherwise, a locksmith won’t make you a key. Driver’s license, registration, insurance card etc.
- 6) Provide the locksmith with any additional information such as if the ignition or door cylinder have been changed before, or if you have had problems starting the car, or others.
So, what’s the bottom line when it comes to calling an automotive locksmith?
For most people, choosing an automotive locksmith to get a replacement key is overall, the best option. It may not be the cheapest, but it is definitely the fastest, and better than the alternatives, especially when you need to get a key fast. However, it is important to ask the right questions, as we have explained. Do your research, and make your own decision.
Replacing your Kia key At The Dealership
- 1) Fast – Odds are that the dealer will be able to cut and code a new key for you fast, as they should have the personnel and tools to do that.
- 2) Availability of keys – The dealer should have your key, regardless of how old or how new your car is. Unlike locksmiths, they should only keep one make’s keys in Stock.
- 1) If you have a key fob or transponder key, you will have to tow the car there, which will result in an additional cost.
- 2) Dealerships don’t work outside business hours. Therefore, if you need a replacement key ASAP, that may be a problem.
- 3) As always, ask for a quote and call more than one dealership. You should be able to get this service at any location.
Do I need to contact a Kia dealership to get a Kia car key replacement?
You can. However, You will end up paying more than what an automotive Kia key replacement would charge for the same service!
Moreover, a lot of people forget that you will still need to get your car to a Kia dealer to program the new key cut to the car. So, you will pay more for the key itself + you will pay the towing fees.
What is the difference between getting my key replaced by a locksmith and Kia dealership?
You can do it. However, you’ll spend more than a car key replacement for the identical service from a Kia dealership!
If you don’t have a Kia dealer nearby, you’ll need to bring your car in to have the new key cut and programmed to the vehicle. So, in addition to the cost of the key, you’ll also have to pay for the towing.
Kia Fob Key and Remote Start
When your car keys stop working, it can be a scary feeling. But you don’t need to worry because at Low Rate Locksmiths we have all of the replacement parts for most Kia models and they’re ready right now! You’ll never even know how much damage was done until after everything has been taken care off-site by our expert staff members who are knowledgeable about vehicle security systems as well – so there’s no risk involved in getting these jobs completed quickly (and efficiently). If this is something that concerns ya then give us call; because when dealing with any type/brand
Kia Car Key Replacement FAQ
How much does it cost to replace a Kia key?
Answer: It can cost between $119 and $599 to replace a Kia key, depending on the Year Make And Model. Some locksmiths may charge more if they have to make a new key from scratch, whereas others may offer a discount if you have an extra key or remote fob that they can use as a model.
Where can I get a replacement Kia key?
Low Rate Kia locksmith can make a replacement Kia key. You may also be able to find a replacement key at a dealership or online.
How do I program a new Kia key?
If you’ve lost your Kia key or had it stolen, you’ll need to get a new one made. You can do this by contacting your nearest Kia dealership, or by hiring Low Rate Kia locksmith.
Low Rate Kia Locksmiths have the ability to create replacement keys for all sorts of vehicles, not just Kia’s. So if you’ve lost your key or had it stolen, don’t panic! Just give your local locksmith a call and they’ll be more than happy to help.
I lost my Kia keys, what should I do?
If you’ve lost your Kia keys, the best thing to do is call Low Rate locksmith. A locksmith will be able to create a new key for your car and get you back on the road in no time.
How do I get a spare Kia key?
If you have lost your Kia key, or it has been stolen, the best option is to call a locksmith. Low Rate locksmith will be able to create a new key for your car and can do so relatively quickly and easily. However, if you have misplaced your Kia key, it may be worth checking around your house or car to see if you can find it before calling a locksmith.
Can I get a Kia key made without the dealer?
Yes, you can get a Kia key made without the dealer. You can either go to a locksmith or contact your nearest Kia dealership. The price for a key made by a locksmith will likely be cheaper than if you have it made by the dealer, but keep in mind that not all locksmiths have the proper equipment to make car keys. Some dealers may also offer a key-cutting service, so it’s worth contacting them to see if they can help.
8. My Kia key won’t turn, what do I do?
Answer: If your Kia key won’t turn, you may need a locksmith. A locksmith can help you get into your car if you have lost your key or if it is broken.
Locksmiths can also help you install a new lock for your car if you lose your key or if it is stolen. They can also help you repair a damaged lock on your car. If you are having trouble opening your car door, contact a locksmith to help you.
Kia Ignition Replacement Services
When it comes time to replace your ignition, don’t settle for anything but the best. Our highly trained technicians will get you back on track in no time with a replacement that works like new!